MASTERSIM can be controlled by scripts, for example for variation studies. For this purpose, project files are saved as simple text files and can be easily created/edited with scripts. The actual simulator is available as the command line tool MasterSimulator, which can be called by scripts.
Simulations-Szenarien mit mehreren FMU Instanzen
MASTERSIM supports multiple instantiation of the same FMU within a simulation scenario. There is a defined directory structure and FMU-specific root directories are transferred to each FMU slave so that FMU instances do not overwrite each other when writing their own output. This also enables the simultaneous execution of several simulation scenarios (master simulation versions) using the same FMU.
Unterstützung bei der FMU Entwicklung
MASTERSIM can be configured using command line arguments so that FMUs are unpacked automatically or already unpacked FMUs are used. This allows shared libraries/DLLs to be compiled in debug mode, which MasterSim then loads instead of the DLL packed in the FMU. This allows external debuggers to be used to test the behavior of the FMUs in the co-simulation scenario. You can also fix errors in the modelDescription file directly without having to repack the FMU each time.
Fehler, Funktionswünsche, Danksagungen und Beschwerden
Error reports/request systems can be created as issues/tickets on the GitHub project page.
The following scientific publications, presentations and research reports on MASTERSIM are available:
- Nicolai, A. and Söhnchen, A.; FMI Co-Simulation between 2D/3D component models and HVAC/control models, 2021, Building Simulation Conference 2021, Brugge
- Nicolai, A., Paepcke, A. and Hirsch, H.; Robust and accurate co-simulation master algorithms applied to FMI slaves with discontinuous signals using FMI 2.0 features, 2019, 13th International Modelica Conference, Munich
- Nicolai, A.; Validierung des Co-Simulations-Masterprogramms MASTERSIM, 2019, Technical Report
- Nicolai, A.; Co-Simulation-Test Case: Predator-Prey (Lotka-Volterra) System, 2019, Technical Report
- Nicolai, A.; Co-Simulations-Masteralgorithmen – Analyse und Details der Implementierung am Beispiel des Masterprogramms MASTERSIM, 2018, Qucosa.
- Nicolai, A. and Paepcke, A.; Co-Simulation between detailed building energy performance simulation and Modelica HVAC component models, 2017, 12th International Modelica Conference, Prague